Our brownfield redevelopment practice group combines a wealth of knowledge in environmental issues, cleanup and redevelopment projects, and local as well as national regulations and laws. With experience in both complex transactions and litigation, our attorneys can handle complicated and multi-faceted cases with expertise and lead our clients to favorable solutions.
Our attorneys follow current changes in environmental and brownfield redevelopment law, a constantly evolving field. We have extensive experience dealing with the Department of Environmental Protection, the Environmental Protection Agency, and other administrative and regulatory bodies involved in the redevelopment process.
We provide a wide variety of services related to brownfield redevelopment:
- counseling clients on the impact of changing environmental law on real estate and other business transactions
- development of governmental and private projects
- environmental aspects of business and real estate transactions
- environmental assessment, remediation, and opportunity zones
- environmental insurance, state and EPA loans and grants, brownfield reimbursement programs, HUD financing, and other financing options
- erosion and sedimentation controls
- financial planning for redevelopers and remediation projects
- New Jersey Brownfields Act and Spill Act issues
- securing tax advantages for projects
- state and federal permit requirements
- wastewater management planning and sewage disposal
There are many advantages to brownfield redevelopment. Both local and national governments are encouraging businesses to embark on redevelopment projects, and changes in law have made it easier and cheaper to take on such enterprises. Earp Cohn P.C. attorneys have the knowledge, hands-on experience, and familiarity with regulatory entities to guide our clients to the most beneficial and efficient results.