Traffic Offenses (DUI/DWI)
Our attorneys handle many types of traffic offenses, including:
- DUI/DWI Defense
- Municipal Court Offenses
- Speeding Ticket
- Traffic Ticket
- Reckless Driving
- Driving While Suspended
- Motor Vehicle Violations
If you have been charged with a moving violation and received a traffic ticket, you may believe that you have no choice but to plead guilty and pay your fine. The consequences of a conviction even at the local or Municipal court level can be severe—if you accumulate enough points or plead guilty to certain motor vehicle and other offenses you could face penalties including fines, court costs and the loss of your driving privileges. In addition, your insurance premiums could become unaffordable. Attorney Blair C. Lane, Sr., can help. With more than 25 years of legal experience, Mr. Lane has been protecting the rights of people throughout New Jersey facing traffic tickets and other Municipal Court violations. Mr. Lane has a strong work ethic and is committed to providing clients with the highest levels of personal attention and service.
Set up a private consultation:
Contact Blair C. Lane, Sr.via email or call our office at (856) 354-7700
We offer comprehensive counsel to people who have been cited for violating any New Jersey laws resulting in your appearance in Municipal Court. Municipal Court violations range from criminal matters to traffic offenses including but not limited to drug offenses, shoplifting, disorderly persons offenses, speeding, reckless driving, careless driving, driving with a suspended license and DUI or DWI. We will carefully investigate the details of your Municipal Court violation.
We understand your concerns about the impact of a conviction of any Municipal Court violations and offer additional information to help you understand your rights.
If you have been charged with a traffic violation, you may have to appear in Municipal Court to resolve the matter. You may believe that there is no benefit in hiring a lawyer to handle your case, that you should simply appear, plead guilty and throw yourself on the mercy of the court. There are, however, substantial benefits to having an attorney present with you.
In general, many people will never have any involvement with any Court system in the State of New Jersey, however, a great majority of people that have involvement with the Court System will likely be involved in a Municipal Court matter.
Reasons why you should hire a lawyer to represent you include the following:
- A lawyer knows the Rules of Court and the procedure and the guidelines in which the Municipal Courts must operate;
- A lawyer will review the charges against you;
- A lawyer will obtain all of the information that the Court has against you to see whether or not you may be found guilty of the violation;
- A lawyer will assist you in determining whether or not a certain offense can be dismissed, amended or downgraded;
- A lawyer can streamline the process and in most situations can get a person in and out of Court in a relatively short time period, as the Court is directed to handle attorney matters first before any non-attorney matters. Without a lawyer you may spend several hours, if not a full day or night in Municipal Court and may even have to come back to Court on a different date if your matter is not resolved.
- The Municipal Court personnel generally will not assist you or provide you with information to defend you;
- A lawyer can inform you of the potential penalties stemming from a specific Municipal Court violation or traffic ticket, so you can understand what to expect in terms of the punishment that may be rendered for a given offense.
Schedule an appointment:
Contact Blair C. Lane, Sr. via email or by calling 856-354-7700 to schedule an appointment. We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover.